What a better idea than telling you about my favorite red lipsticks for the Holidays on the first day of the Advent?
Apart from the Chantecaille Lip Chic, all reds presented here are more cool tone blue-based shades:
- Chanel Rouge Coco Lip Blush 418 Rouge Captivant: a subtle sheer touch of red, in a comfortable matte liquid formula; it doesn’t fully dry down but is long lasting; it is a good option for those who want to wear a matte red without the coverage of more opaque formulas. (Douglas)
- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Shine 45 Rouge Tuxedo: a sheer red but pigmented at the same time, in a glossy and very creamy formula; it is a good option for those who want to wear a glossy red on the lips in an understated way. (Feelunique, Lookfantastic)
- Chantecaille Lip Chic Amaryllis: described by the brand as a pomegranate hue, it is more of an orange-red shade, in a comfortable high shine formula. (Cult Beauty, Lookfantastic, Niche-Beauty, Space NK)
- Clinique Pop Lip Colour and Primer 08 Cherry Pop: a beautiful cherry red shade, in a comfortable high-pigmented semi-matte formula. (Douglas, Flaconi, Sephora)
- Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips 2 Patsy Red: your classic red, in the soft matte and non-drying formula Matte Revolution. (Charlotte Tilbury, Cult Beauty, Feelunique, Sephora, Space NK)